A chemical peel treatment is a cosmetic procedure which does controlled damage to produce superficial wounds over the skin. As a part of the natural healing process, the skin appearance tends to improve after the procedure. This procedure leads to regenerated skin which is usually smoother and even-toned. Since these chemical peels must be applied in an appropriate amount as some toxic chemicals are involved in the procedure, this treatment must be conducted by a medical professional. Visit Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic to get chemical peels treatment in Bangalore under the guidance of the skin expert, Dr. Rasya Dixit. She has received extensive training in cosmetic treatments from some of the best cosmetologists around the world.
Different types of Chemical Peels:
There are basically three types of chemical peels such as:
Superficial peels: These peels are mild over the skin. These penetrate only the outer layer of skin to exfoliate it gently. The treatment is beneficial to remove mild discoloration, sunspots, brown spots, etc. This peel can also be used to refresh skin on the neck, chest, and hands.
Medium peels: This peel penetrates the outer and the middle layer of the skin to remove dead skin cells. This treatment can even out the skin complexion, remove hyperpigmentation, and also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This treatment can also smoothen out the uneven skin texture.
Deep peels: This peel has the highest strength, and it reaches the deeper layers of the skin. The patient can find a dramatic transformation after taking complete sessions.
General or local anesthesia is applied over the skin depending upon the strength of the chemical peel. A defatting solvent (acetone or alcohol) is applied over the skin uniformly. The chemical peel is applied for an appropriate time. The process is followed by a neutralizing solution. The doctor applies some bandages over the treated area. The skin must not be exposed to the sun and after the treatment. After the session, one might experience redness, irritation, flaked skin, etc. but it is a part of the recovery process. The doctor provides topical medication to relieve from side-effects. The results are visible after a week.
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Reduced appearance of signs of aging
- Helps to clear out stubborn spots
- Healthier skin due to more collagen production
- Plump skin as it increases hydration
- Reduced skin congestion
- Radiant and glowing skincare
Precautions after Chemical Peels:
- Cleanse face through cold water which can help soothe post-peel sensation.
- Keep skin moisturized and hydrated as the peels tend to compromise the skin’s protective barrier. Apply a thick layer of moisturizer and drink more water to make the skin tight.
- Apply a broad-spectrum of at least SPF 30 and avoid direct sun exposure.
- Avoid strenuous workouts which could increase blood circulation to the face that can intensify itching, warming, redness, etc.
- Do not over-exfoliate the skin with a scrubber or it can lead to more redness or sensitivity.
Chemical peels cost in Bangalore depends upon the severity of the skin issue, the strength of the peel, number of sessions, and the concern of the skin to be corrected. Thus, the cost may vary from person to person. For most optimal results, visit the best skin clinic in Bangalore Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic, where the treatments are customized according to the patient’s requirement by the expert dermatologist, Dr. Rasya Dixit. The staff at the clinic is friendly and hospitable to help the patients at all times.